Digestive problems can be symptomatic of a number of common pediatric complaints including food sensitivities and allergies. Approaches to digestive wellness include dietary modification, food allergy identification and desensitization, herbal remedies, nutritional supplementation, immune support, high-quality probiotics, therapeutic massage and Shonishin. A holistic and individualized approach is essential for the health of our children’s digestive system as well as the health of their whole body.
“What can I do when my child has digestive problems?”
- Decrease sugary, sweet foods, greasy/fried foods, packaged, processed foods and raw, cold foods.
- Be sure your child balances rest, study and physical activities to reduce stress.
- Provide organic home cooked meals with plenty of vegetables, protein and good fats.
- Encourage your child to drink warm water, instead of cold.
- Give regular therapeutic Tuina massage, moxa treatments and herbal medicine at home.
Call Dr. Sally Sherriff, DAOM, at 831-295-6327 for allergy testing and to receive an individualized program of health for your child. Learn what you can do now to make a difference.
Information found on Dr. Sally’s website is not intended or offered as medical advice, diagnosis or endorsement of specific treatments or products in anyway. The information provided is for educational purposes only. We recommend that you always consult directly with a suitably qualified professional regarding specific issues you or your child may have.