Allergy Elimination and Nutrition Response Testing
What is an allergy?
An allergy is an unusual sensitivity to a substance, which may be harmless to other individuals. The allergic substance (the allergen) is interpreted as a threat to the body’s well being. When contact is made with the allergen, it causes blockages in the Meridians (Qi pathways). The energy blockages interfere with the communication between the brain and body via the nervous system, which stimulates a chain of events that can develop into an allergic response.
How many different types of allergies are there?
Allergies can be caused through inhaling, contacting, infecting, ingesting, injecting, genetic factors, emotional factors and physical agents.
What symptoms can people experience from Allergies?
Acne, ADD/ADHD, Addictions, Alcoholism, Asthma, Autism, Bad Breath, Backache, Blood Pressure Problems, Brain Fog, Bronchitis, Candida / Yeast, Chronic Fatigue, Colitis, Constipation, Coffee, Coughing, Depression, Diarrhea, Drug Addiction, Dry Eyes, Dyslexia, Ear Infections, Eating Disorders, Eczema, Smoking, Falling Hair, Fibromyalgia, Frequent Colds, Frequent Infections, Food Sensitivities, Flatulence, Hay Fever, Headaches, Heart Irregularities, Hormone Imbalances, Hyperactivity, Hypoglycemia, Indigestion, Insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Kidney Problems, Knee Pain, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Lock Jaw, Memory Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Migraines, Moodiness, Nervous Stomach, Night Sweats, Overeating, OCD, Parasitic Infections, Phobias, Poor Appetite, PMS, Post Nasal Drip, Psoriasis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ringworm, Sciatica, Sea Sickness, Shingles, Sinusitis, Stiff Neck, Varicose Veins, Vertigo, Weight Issues
What is NAET?
NAET stands for Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique, developed by Dr. Devi Nambudripad who is an M.D., R.N., Chiropractor and has a PhD in Acupuncture. For more information, contact NAET.com.
What is the NAET procedure and testing?
When the body reacts to an allergen, a blockage occurs in the meridians, stimulating an antibody response. Blockages in different meridians can cause different symptoms.
- While the patient holds specific allergen vials, Neuro-muscular Response Testing is applied to determine which allergens are affecting the patient’s meridians and organs.
- Acupressure is applied to key acupuncture points on either side of the spine.
- While maintaining contact with the allergen, the patient then relaxes with an acupuncture treatment. Babies and kids receive gentle Shonishin massage on points.
These treatments help the body to become desensitized to the allergen. The electromagnetic Qi-energy flow along the meridian pathways is cleared, therefore eliminating the allergic response to that particular agent. A chemical, enzymatic, and physiological change occurs which notifies the brain that the allergen is no longer a threat, neutralizing the immune mediators and therefore eliminating the antigen-antibody reaction. The procedure is painless.
What do I need to do for a treatment?
- Before the treatment, wash hands with soap and water and rinse well in order to eliminate any foreign substances or energies.
- Be sure to eat a healthy snack and drink plenty of filtered water.
- Remove your socks, shoes, watch and any other electrical or battery operated device from your body.
- Be sure that your phone is completely turned off.
- When a baby or child is being tested, a surrogate will be used. Typically this is the parent.
- Before leaving, be sure to understand what should be avoided and for what period of time. Your body will be very sensitive at this time to the allergen that you have cleared. Most have to avoid the allergen for at least 25 hours.
- Recommendations for supplements or herbs will be given.
- At the end of the treatment, rinse your hands with water. This will eliminate any remnant bioenergetics of the substance being treated.
Does the treatment help people of all ages?
NAET is effective for individuals of all ages. We have treated pregnant women, newborns, children of all ages, adults, and geriatric patients. Patients can expect improved health, an enhanced immune system, elimination of their allergies and symptoms, and a sense of well being.
Is there a certain order that must be followed in treating allergens?
Food items are checked and cleared first. 15 to 25 foods must be evaluated. By clearing foods first, we strengthen the immune system, improve digestion, absorption and allow your body to get the necessary nutrients which are essential when undergoing the subsequent treatments.
Basic items: Egg/chicken Mix, Calcium, Dairy, Vitamin C, B-complex, Sugar, Vitamin A, Iron, Salt, Minerals, Grains, Yeast
The order is important because clearing one allergen could potentially eliminate the need for treating another allergen group further down the line.
How many treatments will I need?
Everyone has different allergies, genetic makeup, body type, history and sensitivities. All of these factors determine which allergens need to be treated. Most individuals will need to be tested and, if reactive, cleared on 15 basic allergens. One session is usually needed for clearing each positive allergen. Usually only 1 allergen is cleared per visit because it is difficult on our body-mind to desensitize multiple allergens at the same time. It is also stressful to avoid multiple food groups at the same time. Strict adherence to the avoidance recommendations and avoidance time is a key component to a successful treatment. Fasting is not recommended, or allowed during the elimination / avoidance period.