Treatments to reduce allergic discomfort.
What is an allergy?
An allergy is an unusual sensitivity to a substance, which may be harmless to other individuals. The allergic substance (the allergen) is interpreted as a threat to the body’s well being. Contact with an allergen causes blockages in the Meridians (Qi pathways) which interfere with the communication between the brain & body, stimulating a chain of events that can develop into an allergic antibody response. Blockages in different meridians can cause different symptoms.
How many different types of allergies are there?
Allergies can be caused through inhaling, contacting, infecting, ingesting, injecting, genetic factors, emotional factors and physical agents.
What is the procedure and testing?
- While the patient holds specific allergen vials, Neuro-muscular Response Testing is applied to determine which allergens are affecting the patient’s meridians and organs.
- Acupressure is applied to key acupuncture points on either side of the spine.
- While maintaining contact with the allergen, the patient then relaxes with an acupuncture treatment. Babies and kids receive gentle Shonishin or Tuina massage on points.
- The patient then avoids the allergen for at least 25 hours.
The clearing of the electromagnetic Qi-energy flow along the meridian pathways affects the allergic response to that particular agent, reducing allergic discomfort.
What do I need to do for a treatment?
- Before the treatment, wash hands with soap & water and rinse well.
- Before the treatment, eat a healthy snack & drink plenty of filtered water.
- Remove your watch and any other electrical or battery operated device from your body.
- Turn your phone off completely.
- A surrogate (typically the parent) will be used for babies and children.
- Before leaving, be sure to understand what should be avoided for what period of time.
- You might receive recommendations for supplements or herbs.
- After the treatment, rinse your hands to eliminate the bioenergetics of what was treated.
- At your first visit, you will be given a lab form to test for food and inhalant allergies.
Does the treatment help people of all ages?
Individuals of all ages: pregnant women, newborns, children of all ages, adults, and geriatric patient can expect improved health, an enhanced immune system, a reduction in allergic discomfort, and a sense of well being.
Is there a certain order that must be followed in treating allergens?
Basic food items are focused on first to strengthen the immune system, improve digestion and absorption of necessary essential nutrients to support the body for subsequent treatments. The order is important because after one allergen is focused on, the body’s discomfort with subsequent allergens might be reduced.
How many treatments will I need?
Each person’s allergies, genetics, body type, history and sensitivities determine which allergens need to be focused on. At least one session is needed for each positive allergen.
It can be difficult on our body-mind to focus on multiple allergens at the same time.
Strict adherence to the avoidance time (usually at least 25 hours) is a key component to a successful treatment.
What is NAET?
NAET stands for Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique, developed by Dr. Devi Nambudripad, M.D who is also an R.N., Chiropractor and has a PhD in Acupuncture. For more information, contact NAET.com.