Treatments to reduce allergic discomfort.
What is an allergy?
An allergy is an unusual sensitivity to a substance, which may be harmless to others. Contact with an allergic substance (the allergen) is interpreted as a threat to the body’s well being and causes blockages in the Meridians (Qi pathways). This interferes with the communication between the brain & body, stimulating a chain of events that can develop into an allergic antibody response. Allergies can be caused through inhaling, contacting, infecting, ingesting, injecting, genetic factors, emotional factors and physical agents.
What is the procedure and testing?
- While the patient holds specific allergens, Neuro-muscular Response Testing determines which allergens are affecting the patient’s meridians and organs.
- Acupressure is applied to key acupuncture points on either side of the spine.
- While maintaining contact with the allergen, the patient then relaxes with an acupuncture treatment. Babies and kids receive gentle Shonishin or Tuina massage on points.
- The patient then avoids the allergen for at least 25 hours.
Clearing the electromagnetic Qi-energy flow along the meridian pathways affects the allergic response to that particular allergen, reducing allergic discomfort. Strict adherence to the avoidance time (usually 25 hours) is a key component to a successful treatment.
What do I need to do for a treatment?
- Before the treatment, wash hands with soap & water and rinse well.
- Eat a healthy snack & drink plenty of filtered water.
- Remove your watch and any other electrical or battery operated device.
- Turn your phone off completely.
- A surrogate (typically the parent) will be used for babies and children.
- Before leaving, be sure to understand what should be avoided for what period of time.
- You might receive recommendations for supplements or herbs.
- After the treatment, rinse your hands to eliminate the bioenergetics of what was treated.
- At your first visit, you will be given a lab form to test for food and inhalant allergies.
Is there a certain order that must be followed in treating allergens?
Basic food items are focused on first to strengthen the immune system, improve digestion and absorption of necessary essential nutrients to support the body for subsequent treatments. This helps to reduce the body’s discomfort with other allergens.
How many treatments will I need?
It can be difficult on our body-mind to focus on multiple allergens at the same time. Each person’s allergies, genetics, body type, history and sensitivities determine which allergens need to be focused on. At least one session is needed for each positive allergen.
What is NAET?
NAET stands for Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique, developed by Dr. Devi Nambudripad, M.D. For more information, contact NAET.com.